Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And the winner is . . .

In January my Drawing 1 students designed posters for the annual Utah Labor Commission "Take Safety Seriously" poster contest. A few weeks ago I received an e-mail that one one my students was a semi-finalist. Out of 1700 entries the judges narrowed it down to 37 posters with plans to narrow it even further to 12 posters that would appear in a 2012 calendar. Yesterday afternoon I finally got the news that my semi-finalist had received an honorable mention and will be featured in the calendar- yay! I was so excited that I immediately wrote it up for morning announcements and had Ian print a color picture of the poster so I could proudly display it in my hallway display case. The student will be receiving a cash prize and I will receive matching money along with the $300.00 promised to all schools participating to use for supplies. It doesn't get much more exciting than this (in middle school education, anyway).

And the winner is:

I had a feeling this one would go far.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Entering those contests have paid off! How exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete