Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Unless You're a Jerk

As soon as students started to arrive with balloons, flowers, and arm-fulls of candy I quickly decided to scrap my lesson plans in favor of making Valentines. I'm glad I did because spending 60 seconds explaining what I wanted them to do with the Valentines was almost too long for their sugar and lust-addled attention spans. While I saw many beautiful and creative Valentines throughout the day, as usual, the most entertaining were also some of the worst. Below is the oh-so charming Valentine that I received from one of my fabulous 9th graders:

In case you don't recognize the image, it's a muscular, veiny, flexing arm- eww.


There's really no response to that other than "is it Friday yet?".

No comments:

Post a Comment